This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerIsForSavings #CollectiveBias #WFM3
We didn’t get to do as many fun things as I hoped we would this summer, it seemed to fly by so fast! But when we got down to the last week before back to school I really wanted to do something for the kids that would give us some time to connect before the busyness of the school season began. I thought that an impromptu back to school/end of summer backyard picnic would be the perfect way to spend some time together and of course get some great pics to capture our summer memories. I would love to share some tips and a simple recipe to help you have your own end of year picnic.
Have an End of Summer Backyard Picnic
First,was a trip to Walmart to grab some picnic basics-a blanket, chips,cookies, ice, bottled water, etc… While I was there I upgraded to the $49.88 PLUS Plan with Unlimited Talk, Text & Data Plan from Walmart Family Mobile, which is a monthly plan without contracts! It includes up to 15 GB of 4G LTE† data then 2G* coverage on T-Mobile’s nationwide network. Every time you renew your service you get a free VUDU ◊ movie rental credit ($7 value).
After taking a peek at all the phones Walmart Family Mobile had to offer I also decided to grab the LG L59 Grace. No activation fees, no late fees, and super easy to start or switch.
Now back to the picnic plans…
The key to enjoying a picnic with your kids without getting stressed is to keep it simple. Throw in some fun themed treats but keep it low key so you can enjoy yourself too. Here are some great ideas for giving your picnic an end of summer/back to school theme without a lot of work and fuss…
- Alphabet crackers or cookies
- Sandwiches cut into summer or school shapes.
- Gummy Worms(book worms)
Grab a big tote and toss your blanket, a hat/sunglasses, your food, and of course your phone for getting great photos of your day!
We decided to do have our picnic right in the backyard under a shady tree, you can head to the park, beach, or anywhere to enjoy yours.
Quality time with the kids doesn’t have to be complicated!
Don’t forget to take a lot of photos to capture your memories, you can always delete the less than perfect shots!
Bring along a bag with bubbles, chalk, a frisbie, simple games, or other activities to enjoy with the kids. Here is another good tip, if you are having your picnic in the backyard, be sure to pack treats for your little four legged beggars…
My $49.88 PLUS Plan from Walmart Family Mobile powered by T-Mobile means that I don’t have to worry about running out of data before I have taken a bunch of pics to share on my social media, emailed to confirm plans with friends, or uploaded posts to my website!
Tell me about something you did or are planning to do to kick off summer and welcome the new school year?
Now for the legal mumbo jumbo and disclaimers….
- *Please always refer to the latest terms and conditions at myfamilymobile.com.
- †To get 4G LTE speed, you must have a 4G LTE capable device and 4G LTE SIM Card. Actual availability, coverage and speed may vary. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.
- ◊Limited time offer. Available for lines active with the PLUS $49.88 plan only. VUDU enabled device and account required for digital viewing. Customers must be 18 years or older to open a VUDU account. Movie rental only available in the USA. Free movie rental provided in the form of a movie rental code to the value of a $7.00 VUDU credit. Movie rental code allows for selection from available movies for rent. May not be readily redeemable on all new releases. Code will be delivered within up to 24 hours of the effective account renewal date. Must be used within 30 days of receiving code. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 per customer. Additional terms and conditions on VUDU’s website: http://www.vudu.com/
- Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to this page or your local Walmart for current pricing.