Legoland is one of our favorite places to visit in Florida, as a matter of fact, my kids prefer it to even the larger parks in the area. What makes it so appealing? If you have been you probably know, if not I am gonna tell you what the big draw is for us, I am sharing the 8 reasons why we love it at LEGOLAND, Florida! Earlier this month we went for our fourth visit since it’s opening in Winter Haven, Florida and it was just as fun and wonderful as our first visit.
- Hands on activities- To begin with there are brick building opportunities located throughout the park where kids can rest in the shade and make creations using standard Lego bricks as well as Duplo’s. In the imagination zone you can build and test creations, and build computerized Lego robots in Mindstorms. Kid’s can actually drive the boats and cars at boat and driving school to earn a drivers license. I love that it is not just passive rides, the kids are in control here!
- Minifig swapping- The kids live for swapping Minifigures with the park employees and this begins right at the parking booths. They fill bags from home with random minifigs, each must include legs, a torso with arms, and a head with hair or a hat. Then when you spot someone with one that you like on their nametag you can ask to swap. It is absolutely fun and you never know what creation you are going to see. They come home with a bag full of new mini friends and a smile on their faces.
- Physical activities- I love the fact that walking from ride to ride is not the only physical activity kids get. From running through the water features to “Training” in the Ninjago section kids really get to immerse themselves in Lego worlds. Oh and then there is the shooting and dodging of water on the Chima ride which is personally my favorite, because it’s hot all the time ya’ll. My kids loved the new Ninjago ride that requires your super ninja skills (chopping hands) to score points.
- Lego Factory- We do love our Lego kits but this is one of the few places you can choose each individual brick and pay by the pound. They have a glorious wall of legos sorted by color and size/style. This is the perfect solution to your custom creation needs, but of course you can pick up amazing sets as well!
- Miniland- We are fascinated by the creativity, work, and detail that is put into all the pint-sized creations in Miniland. In a 15 minute walk you will pass by local sights like Kennedy Space Center and Daytona but also a brick made Vegas Strip, Star Wars world, New York, and Washington D.C.
- Granny’s Apple Fries- This is the best treat to enjoy while visiting the park. Delicious hot apple fried dusted with cinnamon and sugar, then served with a side of whipped cream dipping sauce. These are a must have treat when visiting the park.
- Penny Presses- This is a great inexpensive souvenir to take home and we are collectors each time we go. All you need is a penny for pressing and 2 quarters, they are located all throughout the park with different Lego images.8. Fun for everyone- Whether you have a boy or a girl there is something to offer them- Lego Friends and Heartlake City or Ninjago and Chima. Tots will love the Duplo themed area while older kids can enjoy the bigger rides they offer. If you have kids from 2 to 12 and are in the area I couldn’t recommend Legoland more to make everyone in the family happy.
Here’s a few more parting shots….